Thursday, December 25, 2008

Legacy Love

Being a digital camera user, makes your life instantaneous. But I feel that the serenity, the drama, the excitement produced by film cameras is long gone. Olympus has come up with Art filters in it's mid-range SLR the E-30. Which promises to deliver some of the nostalgic effects. As I already have upgraded to an E-3, getting E-30 is out of the question ( for now at least ). So I'm trying to live it, by using legacy lenses(film lenses used on digital camera) as often as I can. Especially the Hexanon lenses which are sort of destructive form of conversion to 4/3 mounts, as once converted the lens to 4/3 mount, it can not be used on Konica AR cameras. There are several methods of converting so I'm not going to Rant about it. Check out flickr thread. I recently converted a Hexanon 57mm f/1.2 and it produces gorgeous pictures.




Hexanon 57mm f/1.2 Bokeh


KB176911

KB247136

No comments: