New to Sony System


I was completely oblivious to the advancement in digital photography as I concentrate mainly the results than the tools. I shoot medium and large format films and till recently shot with Olympus 4/3 systems in the digital world. I heard about the world of mirror less cameras and how they make using legacy lenses on digital cameras an easy process. I decided to check out the Sony A7 series and bought a used Sony A7RII.

I'm super impressed by this system. It was very intuitive to learn and there are plenty of custom button that I can customize, so I didn't have to go digging around the menus. It has very good video feature and I think it'll be a new skill for me to learn! I don't have any "digital" lenses yet and decided to adapt Konica Hexanon 57mm f/1.2(pictured below) and a Pentacon six 135mm f/2.8 (M42 screw mount). Both the lenses had ready made adapters available to the Sony system and were very affordable.


Untitled


There focus peaking and focus magnification in the camera body that makes it very easy to use these old manual focus lenses. Focusing is pretty accurate! I'm loving the initial results so far..

Untitled

As I shoot more, I'll post more pictures and document my learning in this system! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Journal : Czech Republic

Bokeh Machines